Simple Things Work
Welcome to Eve Software Utilities, Operational Research and Business Decision Making
Our software is designed and developed focusing on the business and the client, not the software itself.
Operational Research is a multi-disciplinary subject related to mathematics, statistics, computer science, management and all the application fields, but the principal tools of an operational research specialist are optimization and business modelling.
Businesses can generally be classified or catalogued in a particular type of problem or model, for example:
- Shift work is a time tabling model
- Maintenance, repair and operations of aeroplane turbines is a task scheduling and resource allocation model
- The configuration of orders of a steel mill is a bin packing model
- The selection of commercial opportunities of a marketing campaign might be a resource assignment or a network flow model
Every business can be modelled and analysed using the appropriate technique, for example, personnel assignment problems are efficiently modelled using constraint programming.
One of the tasks of the operational research specialist is to identify the business model and select the best technique to analyse and solve the problem. The next table shows some application areas of operational research and some models that can be analyzed with our knowledge and products.
||Operational Research Models
Emma is the heart of Eve Software Utilities and:
- A set of utilities to model operational research problems
- A software library with the potential to solve almost every operational research problem out there
- A tool flexible enough to be used in many fields and industries
- A Python package designed thinking about ease of use, scalability and extensibility
- An extensively documented software
All our products are written in the Python programming language.
You, your Business and your Problems !
We are passionate about what we do. Operational Research and Decision Making is in our minds all the time, and we are very interested in understanding and solving your problems.
Our slogan, Simple Things Work, applies not only to our products, but also to the way we work. Our work is highly professional, our processes are clear and well defined and our products are of the highest quality, all without the bureaucracy of big corporations.
We do extreme programming, which combined with the years of experience of our team of software developers and service providers, allows us to be very agile and adaptable.